Are you a Club member? Click HERE to find out about #VirtualAndrews and what activities we are still providing you during the Coronavirus lockdown.
At St Andrew’s Club, we understand that it is a worrying time for everyone and it is going to be challenging keeping the young people occupied.
Below are some links to websites that young people can access to keep busy whilst the Club is shut.
Please let Sarah know on email@example.com if you have problems accessing the websites, or would like support getting printed copies.
We have also included some advice around your child and social media.
Child friendly website links
- BBC- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize Primary, secondary and Post 16 learning and revision tools.
- NASA - https://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html Space themed interactive learning activities.
- Reading eggs - https://readingeggs.co.uk/ Fun Reading activities. 2 week free trial when you sign up – suitable for young people up to 13 years
- Shaun the sheep - https://www.shaunsgameacademy.co.uk/ Shaun the sheep coding ideal for using with the Scratch programme.
- Scratch - https://scratch.mit.edu/ Coding website for 8 years +
Social Media and Your Child – Be Safe, Be Kind
Social media is another way our young people will stay connected with each other and we suggest our families regularly check in with their children and remind them to:
- think before they post
- only talk to people they know outside of the world of social media
- be kind to each other
- take regular breaks from phones and other devices
We know the last one will be difficult, as many will be reducing their physical contact with people face to face, but it is important to look after your and your child’s mental health.
The break from St Andrew’s club will hopefully be short so we hope to see you all soon. Remember – #BeSafe #BeKind